“Security and risk management leaders should use this Market Guide as an aid to anticipating future trends, features and integration capabilities in the IGA market.”
A couple key findings of the Gartner Market Guide report include:
- “Security and risk management (SRM) leaders face an assessment challenge. On the one hand, they must assess IGA products against short-term requirements, such as cloud entitlement governance. On the other, they must, at the same time, assess these products’ long-term ability to participate in an underpinning identity fabric in which insights from identity and access management (IAM) tools are shared reciprocally with insights from adjacent tools.
- The operational overheads associated with various IGA solutions differ. It is important to look beyond the purely technical capabilities of these solutions and evaluate how (and how easily) they can be deployed, integrated and operated within an existing environment.”
Gartner recommends that security and risk management leaders should include ease of deployment and operation in any assessment. They also assert that organizations should identify their key use cases early in any review process to quickly eliminate from consideration any IGA tool that cannot meet their organization’s needs. Mandatory capabilities for a complete IGA suite to meet a typical organization’s needs are:
- Identity life cycle management
- Entitlement management
- Support for access requests
- Workflow orchestration
- Access certification (also called “attestation”)
- Provisioning via automated connectors and service tickets
- Analytics and reporting
Omada has been identified as a Representative Vendor in the IGA Market in the report. Get the Gartner Market Guide for IGA here by completing the form.
Gartner, Market Guide for Identity Governance and Administration, David Collinson, Henrique Teixeira, Kevin Kampman, Rebecca Archambault, Brian Guthrie, 4th July 2022
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Omada Identity Cloud
Omada Identity Cloud delivers essential identity governance functionality for secure, compliant and efficient administration. Companies now have the ability to “lift and shift” their access management seamlessly to support cloud operations. Omada enables organizations to take back control of the IT function with automated governance of identity and access.