How To Use Digital Transformation To Take Your Company To The Next Level
Authority Magazine has published an article with Michael Garrett, CEO of Omada, highlighting key ways organizations can successfully implement digital transformation:
- Bring key stakeholders to the table — IGA projects are less about technology and more about a business project. Thus, multiple stakeholders across the business and IT need to be aligned. Engage people early to get buy-in. You have to sell people on the benefits as well as identify and address any issues to define what success looks like.
- Start small — Most projects fail because they try to adapt too much, too fast. Get early wins and learn from mistakes quickly so you can evolve and expand your project.
- Phased approach — Similar to starting small, a phased approach lets you go live and demonstrate value to the business in three months. Remember, this is about a model of organization, policy, and business logic. The three phases should be:
- Gain control and get an overview of the situation on your most critical systems and remediate findings
- Perform recertification
- Expand automation, add more processes like identity lifecycle, automated policy assignment, and access requests.
- Fit-gap approach — Map business priorities to identify best practices. Best practices describe how you should do identity and justify why you deviate. Then document and move forward.
Authority Magazine, a Medium publication, is devoted to sharing interesting “thought leadership interview series” featuring people who are authorities in Business, Pop Culture, Wellness, Social Impact, and Tech. They use interviews to draw out stories that are both empowering and actionable.